Brighton University PGCert
(Lectures from Prof Jeff French)
The Social Marketing Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert) will
teach you how to develop behavioural change programmes which are based
on an understanding of what moves and motivates people.
Focusing on the application of social marketing principles to the
key health, environmental and civic issues in contemporary society, the
course will give you the skills and confidence to plan and manage social
It will be of particular interest to professionals who want to
deepen their understanding of social marketing theory and practice, and
apply their learning to work-based projects.
The Social Marketing PGCert will provide you with the ability to:
- apply social marketing theory and concepts to practical behavioural problems
- demonstrate a critical analysis of social marketing strategy, both in practice and policy making settings
- show competence in social marketing planning techniques and the
application of behaviour theory in the area of health and/or environment
to ‘live’ projects
- manage the complexity and critical reflection required to apply
commercial marketing and other management tools to behaviour change
programmes in the public sector
- specialise in health or environment social marketing practice
- understand the ambiguity, unpredictability and complexity that
characterise academic study within a highly politicised, complex
This course is designed to fit around your personal and professional
commitments. After completing a compulsory Social Marketing module you
can choose to undertake a work-based project or pick further modules
which reflect your particular interests.
‘Excellent....most interesting module of my MBA so far... found every session interesting and of value’
teachers, passionate about the subject, examples made everything come
to life and much better than just reading a book’.
‘I am very motivated to explore this subject more and implement it in my work’.
‘Highly educational and informative... a good combination of case work, lectures and field experts’.
Click here for more information on the Social Marketing PGCert