Making a difference to people's lives.
At Strategic Social Marketing our aim is to directly contribute to work that will improve the quality of people's live.
Improving impact and effectiveness . We are passionate about working with and alongside people, to improve the programmes, interventions and services they commission or develop.
Quality, efficiency and value for money.
We are committed to providing a high quality tailored service to the clients we work with and doing this at efficiently to the lowest costs possible.
We assess clients needs and provide tailored support and services, bringing teams together which include recognised experts in the field with many years experience and deep practical understanding. Prof Jeff French is one of the world’s leading social marketing experts, a senior adviser to Government, and also an established and recognised authority in the fields of social communication and health promotion.
- Strategic analysis of behavioural challenges, help with identifying the causes, barrier and evidence based interventions to tackle the problem.
- Programme planning and guidance for scoping and development of projects. We also offer strategic guidance for project implementation strategies.
- Research and data gathering, commissioning and analysis.
- Programme design, evaluation and commissioning.
- Training in all aspect of behavioural intervention, health promotion, social marketing, and social communication strategies (see Training section for more details).
- Personal coaching and mentoring in all aspect of behaviour intervention, social marketing, communication and programme development, implementation and evaluation.
- Social Marketing project start up support, budgeting and project management in social marketing.
- Assistance with embedding effective behavioural intervention and social marketing approaches into organisations (strategically and operationally).
- Policy advice and development related to behaviour intervention and social marketing related work.
- Direct support for commissioning and procurement of social marketing related services.
- Social Marketing research, evaluation, advice planning and review generating insight and segmentation for social marketing.
- Partnering advice and management for behavioural intervention and social marketing related work.
New Social Marketing
Training Opportunity http://www.ssmevents.org
2017 New Book: Social
Marketing and Public Health
Professor Jeff French is proud to have been invited to contribute to the Health Prevention England. Steering Committee amulti-disciplinary stakeholder advisory group for the HIV Prevention England Programme.
The aim of the committee is to provide guidance on the
new national HIV prevention strategy and delivery of the programme as well as provide oversight to ensure
transparency and accountability. To ensure insure the needs, as well as the
expertise, of key stakeholder groups are feeding into the programme at the
highest level. HIV Prevention England is funded by Public
Health England and coordinated by Terrence Higgins Trust.
Jeff French speaking at the UK Government Cabinet Office London January 2016
Listen to Jeff French speak about the key role that Social Marketing can play in developing better social policy and strategy:
Strategic Social Marketing we are dedicated to working with people to
encourage and support approaches that achieve positive and lasting
impacts on people's lives.
to help people apply and integrate learning and skills from across
different sectors and disciplines. Our goal is to help organisations
establish strong citizen focused and evidence driven strategies,
designed to influence and sustain positive behaviours.
focus on the strategic application of behavioural intervention and
social marketing approaches. Harnessing the latest thinking on social
change and are committed to working to help develop policy and strategy
to tackle issues in such areas as health improvement, environment, civic
engagement and social order.
you have a behavioural challenge then we would be pleased to discuss
ways we might be able to assist and support you in addressing this
both strategically and operationally.
Collaboration with the global OPEN project on obesity prevention.
SSM have joined the OPEN project as collaborating partners
working to advice on health communications and social marketing in the area of
obesity prevention. The OPEN project is focused on capturing and scaling up
population level interventions designed to have an impact on obesity rates. http://openprogram.eu/
New Training service
We now offer a new set of training services. Our experience and expertise is in equipping people to be competent and confident social marketers and communicators, especially in public sector organisations facing challenge and going through complex societal and cultural change.
No matter what challenges you face and what difficulties need to be addressed, being able to influence the behaviour and communicate effectively to a variety of different audience groups is half the battle. People will support you more and are more likely to act if they understand what and why you are proposing the action you are taking. Staff, stakeholders and the public will work with you if they feel listened to and engaged with.
First Ever ECDC Technical Guide to Social Marketing
Jeff French working and Franklin Apfel have developed, following extensive field testing, the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control first ever Technical Guide to Social Marketing for the European.
Jeff French said
“SSM is incredibly proud to have been part
of this project and hopes that the guide will help those responsible for developing
delivering and evaluation disease focused programmes to develop more efficient
and effective programmes”
We believe in developing communities of practice
work with all our clients to promote links and networks of people
working on related issues to foster learning and a wider community of
know that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. We
therefore put teams together who are committed to providing a quality
and responsive service. As a result, a high percentage of our business
is from repeat customers and referrals. We would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in the sector.